About This Blog

Come peer through the lens of Sacred Writings and Scripture to know ourselves and be made whole. There is always medicine to apply in our lives: emotional, relational, social and spiritual. My prayer is that the words of the early church and scripture will inform our identity and bring us healing that equips us to know and serve God with all our hearts.

Saturday, March 2, 2013

HIS, MINE AND YOURS

Saturday, second week of Lent

I struggle with over-responsibility; in my realtionships, my spiritual life, and my work. I am tempted to believe things fall on my shoulders, but then I get weary- it is exhausting being responsible for everyone and everything!

I wonder what would happen if I asked God what He wanted me to do and didn't worry about anyone or anything else? I wonder what might change? Could I pray this way?

Medicine from Sacred Writings:

"Continually to think those things which are His, to mind those things which are His, to practise those things which are His, for we do not ask for sound judgement and virtue for one day only, or for two or three, but through the whole tenor and period of our life." St. Chrysostom Homilies on Second Corinthians Homily II.8 NPNF1;12,283

No comments:

Post a Comment