About This Blog

Come peer through the lens of Sacred Writings and Scripture to know ourselves and be made whole. There is always medicine to apply in our lives: emotional, relational, social and spiritual. My prayer is that the words of the early church and scripture will inform our identity and bring us healing that equips us to know and serve God with all our hearts.

Monday, March 4, 2013

CARRIED

Monday, third week of Lent

I watched tiny flakes dancing in the afternoon air as the wind whipped each one in a different direction; I envied their freedom and their movement. Today I felt tired and overwhelmed by the demands of Lent - always to be thinking: "Am I thinking good thoughts? Have I drawn closer to God? Am I doing all I can do to be more holy?"

No. The answer is no. I can do no more. I must rest in the Arms that carry the snowflakes gently to the earth. He teaches me wisdom and I can pray, "Cleanse me with hyssop, and I will be clean; wash me and I will be whiter than snow." Psalm 51:7

Medicine from Sacred Scripture:

"The eternal God is your refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms." Deuteronomy 33:27

No comments:

Post a Comment