About This Blog

Come peer through the lens of Sacred Writings and Scripture to know ourselves and be made whole. There is always medicine to apply in our lives: emotional, relational, social and spiritual. My prayer is that the words of the early church and scripture will inform our identity and bring us healing that equips us to know and serve God with all our hearts.

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

MERCIFUL LOVE

Tuesday, fifth week of Lent

"Rest your mind and heart and consider what Christ has done for you." The words from my Spiritual Director stunned me. Rest? During Lent? I have more closets to clean, more alms giving, more prayer, more fasting.

Again, I find I cannot "do Lent," I can only rest in my Father's arms and let Him show me what He has done for me. His love and sacrifice wash away all my self reliance, and now I am left to His mercy and begin to know His grace.

Have you come to the end of yourself on this Lenten journey?

Medicine from Sacred Scripture:

"Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for His mercies never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness." Lamentations 3:22

No comments:

Post a Comment