About This Blog

Come peer through the lens of Sacred Writings and Scripture to know ourselves and be made whole. There is always medicine to apply in our lives: emotional, relational, social and spiritual. My prayer is that the words of the early church and scripture will inform our identity and bring us healing that equips us to know and serve God with all our hearts.

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Wednesday, fourth week of Lent
The warmth of the day is driving winter away and Spring is making her grand entrance. There is a thaw in my  heart as well this Lent as I find a sacred space beginning to form- a nest. It is small just now, I am still learning where and how to build. A holy hush fills me as I think of God loving me and all my vain efforts at holiness. Still, I come close to God and He comforts and consoles me- He doesn't ask me for a long list of the fruit of my journey, He asks me to be still and know He is God.

How is your Lenten nest-building coming along?

Medicine from Sacred Scripture:

"Even the sparrow has found herself a home, and the swallow a nest for herself, where she may have her young- a place near your altar , O Lord, Almighty, my King and my God." Psalm 84:3

No comments:

Post a Comment