About This Blog

Come peer through the lens of Sacred Writings and Scripture to know ourselves and be made whole. There is always medicine to apply in our lives: emotional, relational, social and spiritual. My prayer is that the words of the early church and scripture will inform our identity and bring us healing that equips us to know and serve God with all our hearts.

Friday, March 8, 2013

IS THIS PRAYER?

Friday, third week in Lent

The other day I had this keen sense that God wanted to quiet me as I had never been before. I lay still in the watches of the night; I wasn't waiting for morning- I was waiting for Him. Then I could feel it- I think it was the elusive prayer of the heart that so many mystics and contemplatives talk about: in the depths of my being there was no sound, only stillness, warmth, and Presence.

Light flooded my interior- all I can think is that there was a tiny crack in my thick armor and the light of God shone into the depths of my soul- or from the depths?

Have you ever entered that silence?

Medicine from Sacred Scripture:

"Arise, shine, for your light has come, and the glory of the Lord has risen upon you." Isaiah 60:1

No comments:

Post a Comment